It’s your personal tour!
Discover remote temples, escape the crowds and experience ancient Khmer culture.
Itinerary: Siem Reap – Preah Vihear – Koh Ker – Siem Reap
Tour No. 4, “Book now!!”
Preah Vihear is a Khmer temple situated atop a 525-metre cliff in the Dangrek Mountains in Cambodia close to the Thailand border, but most notably in Cambodian territory. As a key edifice of the empire’s spiritual life, it was supported and modified by successive kings and so bears elements of several architectural styles. Affording a view for many kilometers across a plain, it has the most spectacular setting of all the temples built during the six-century-long Khmer Empire. Long been the subject of intense ownership disputes between the two neighbouring countries, Cambodia was officially awarded control of Preah Vihear in 1962 by the International Court of Justice and it is now listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Koh Ker is 100 km northeast of Angkor Wat. It was briefly the capital of the Khmer empire between 928 and 944 under king Jayavarman IV and his son Hasavarman II. A vast number of temples were built under his reign, until his successor returned to the Angkor area about twenty years later. The Koh Ker site is dominated by Prasat Thom, a 30 meter tall temple mountain raising high above the plain and the surrounding forest. Currently, access to the top is closed. Koh Ker is very attractive for anyone who would like to experience lonely temples partially overgrown by the forest and inhabited only by birds, calling to each other from the trees above.
- Flight time: 1 hr 48 mins + ground: 4 hours
- 48 hour cancellation required for full refund
- All helicopter flights are subject to pilot discretion, weather conditions and availability
- Helistar Cambodia will not accept liability for failure to make connections with any other service
- Prices quoted are per helicopter (5 pax max but subject to passengers weight limitation) and include all local taxes and are in US dollars
- All flights are covered by passenger liability insurance
- Flight routes and times may vary with weather conditions and passenger weights
- Flights operate daily on demand.